Monday, September 22, 2008

Torment Me Not with Your Absence


despite my running into that abyss
for four decades
the reason for my absence from your grace

You still, to enable me to sublimate
my ever-flowing, limitless libido
the cause of the ill impact
of your grace on me and mine

visited me in that smiling baby
causing also guilt to another
teaching me, an old dog, some new tricks
that I may hound you, the hound of heaven
hounding me, before and beyond, those forty years

but, again, I have fallen from Your mercy
that was short lived in my life
making me now, to wander as a mad dog
looking for one more piece of bone
of seeing that smiling face, Your earlier grace
that I may peep at You, just once more

hence I drive to the west, then to east
looking also in south
sweeping your space from north
beyond Leduc and Millet, the city and the hamlet
while You torment me with Your absence

Henry Victor 14.09.2008

No comments: