Sunday, July 25, 2010

mortality confirmed


the twin mortality i am now impregnated with
since that day i, an immigrant from mars
became the sole caretaker occupant
of this space, the best earthy soil

and more than twenty-two hundred
square foot in size and greater volume
that earlier i gladly shared, comfortably
breathing with another alien from venus

who never returned home since dining
with another martian; i have sought
my companion, for days and night in vain
until i met this little spider harmlessly

exploring my bath tub while i unloaded
much wasted grub, that excess i had
to keep me going to resist, and battle
that thought of mortality and more

but my little friend taught me that i own
not my bathing spot, and i must, hence
let him also pass through, stamping not
on his tiny soul to relase my hatred

No comments: