Monday, August 2, 2010

you are my shepherd


you have been my guide
like a shepherd with his attendance
pasturing his humble sheep
making them to lie down on green pasture
and leading to waters still and clean

your guiding presence i have seen
every time i drive through dunstable
in the darkest hour of the night

you pump into my heart courage
as i drive through pitch darkness
and i fear deer diving down my path

you inspire wisdom and fill me with patience
when my car have to wade through the knee-deep snow
while, in my mind, you keep increasing
a sense of alertness as i coerce
my wagon during total whiteout

you cover me with your blanket
when my journey is done
in temperatures below minus forty

you hold me straight
when i drive through
roads that are winding and slippery

surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
and i shall cherish your presence
that increases my resilience
making me a good sheep
walking to the butcher’s blade to serve yours

* Photograph taken by Gitanjali Victor!At Great Falls in New Brunswick as we drove across Canada, that large country with variety, in May 2006.

No comments: