Friday, March 28, 2014

praying a psalm


my awareness of your presence on earth
is more important than owning  my breath!
your subtle existence despite my denials
critically breathe purpose to the cosmos!

in this broken world your face
further gets distorted by chants
of your name arising from tongues
denying space for your silence!

as i survey the skies in the night
the working of your invisible fingers
the moon, the planets and the stars
established beyond the human cities

when i see the seas, the dreaming in your heart
and the massive whales haunted by human trickery
as i consider the jungles, a vision of your mind
and the enormous elephants hunted by manly greed

i see my smallness and pause to look up for help
to break barriers that create inequality among
the diverse beings with their multiple creeds
caring and healing all beasts, birds and fish

but who am i that you should stop
to listen to my pleadings, my helplessness
i know, for sure, you care for me, your created
being to do your peace, piece together your beauty

henry victor     27.05.2002

No comments: