Tuesday, January 31, 2017

sun in midnight



i am
with me alone
my tea-candle lit
wavering,
gently

silence surround
but the buzzing in my furnace
and an oozing, a little noise
in my laptop
remind the working well

peace? yes
no peace? yes
that beyond is mine
my quest

understanding? yes
not understanding? yes
that beyond is mine
my present

emptying, that self-emptying
a self-esteem found in Jesus
walking to his tree
lifted high, higher than
any social ladder could lift my soul

if possible, before my sleep
with no dream and no blanket
wool, cotton or the synthetic

most ticks those that itched
my mind and body have left me
looking and searching for other dogs
leaving me to heal the scars
they left on the skin of my soul

i sit alone contemplating
that balm that removes
stain on my spirit

will i find, or not
matter very little
to me now
but i am looking
with that midnight
sun
that matter most

henry victor     05.11.2011


No comments: