Tuesday, May 16, 2017

cabbage from home depot



four little cabbage plants

i bought at the home depot

to plant in my not so huge backyard

feeding my young plants with dung

from Belvedere, South of Barrhead



in no time i saw my tiny plants

grow into four huge green balls

like an American Military Base in Mid East

attracting fluttering butterflies, gliding dragonflies

and more dotting leaves and punching holes



eventually when i harvested my cabbage

and began to peel off the dotted leaves, one by one

i discovered, in between the leaves

worms, like bulging women with exposed bodies

crawling and creeping to hide their faces



© henry victor     13.08.2003




Note: When I first published this first in May of 2017, I had this note added on top: “

OMG, to use the texting style of my daughter, I have hidden this for so long in my attic. Good that my grandson keeps nagging me to know where I have kept my treasure, my gold! I climbed up there and pulled this out and dusted swiftly, posting as my …”



No comments: