Sunday, August 27, 2017

loss of my land



i was proud of my land

water clogged and swampy

cost me a small song



but providing a great opportunity

to establish my nonconformity



i cherished the three trees that came

with the swamp: a young Palmyra palm

a Neem, and a Wood Apple

supplying me shade and hope



i saw the trees growing faster

as i fertilized and poured plenty of water

from my own well sunk in my plot

that i, with my own hands, proudly dug



now i think of King Coconuts i planted

watered, and carefully cared

from assaults of those crawly beetle

attacking palms, my babies thrived so well



and of these assets i constantly muse

day dreaming of this past slog

i, at the end, exchanged for a nose stud

causing, within, much anger of the loss



© henry victor     14.02.2003

No comments: