Thursday, May 24, 2018

smashed soul


i make a mental note, or a verbal promise
then go and put off errands forgetting
my commitments like a potato to simply sit
not following through the unspoken word

or in haste spoken
though they still define
my being, my reliability
and soul’s integrity!

my following through, in fact
my negligence is also followed up
with greater care
now sitting on the throne

as judge with mitre on head
and fire underneath
to slice self before it is fried, or boiled
thoroughly before it is mashed

a verdict i may not cherish
looking for more energy to bury self               
as deep as i can so no gods may resurrect
to haunt, or hunt me

when i’m already burdened
with too many baggage
broken promises and unfinished tasks
to fly away, or to run and hide!

henry victor     09.08.2002



No comments: