Tuesday, July 17, 2018

two little goslings


as the sun went down to settle
in his home before the nightfall 
i went for a stroll
along a man-made canal

and in the twilight my eyes fell
now on a gosling stuck
on a cement crack
making her un-swim able

to run to her company
and she pulled and pulled until
a piece of skin too was floating
so i bent down to pick

to hold and to heal
the injured gosling
but trusting not my stance
that was nothing but pastoral

she swam as fast as she could
with one hand holding the hanging piece
i walked further and much farther
with a helpless thought

and a new pain in my heart
only to encounter yet another
gosling lost and lonely
and again i stretched my hand

picking her from waters cold
to hold her closer to my warm chest
while she trustingly
settled in my palm

henry victor       28.03.2007

 

No comments: