Monday, November 12, 2018

enslaving my soul



with rising of the sun
common ravens
ring-billed gulls
and on rarer occasions
the lesser loud black-billed
magpies
living in the broader margin
carved by ambitious likes of mine
and me
come to my window

they sing sweeter songs
of sturdy sovereignty
made possible only by a mind
willing
to crucify the bloated ego
without concurrently proclaiming
a pseudo puritanical life style!

as i stop my soul
to listen to their call
to abandon ambitions
i shut my eyes
and plug my ears
(as if someone beside me is snoring)
and bury my body
deep into my comfy bed

shutting
also, the window
refusing a musical light
and lessons provided
by thoughtful birds
my winged companions

by this i enslave
my pitiful soul
in personal
but tainted imaginings

henry victor     22.08.2002




No comments: