Sunday, March 10, 2019

reflecting on my climb



i climb higher
and higher
until i reach the top
full of lush and green

at the end
nothing but the tip

the branch is dried
and i fear!

filled with anxiety
and more uncertainty:
will it break?
will i survive the fall?

my wits falter
though i know a step down
i must go
to avoid the breaking point

it’s my making
and it’s my greed
that moved me there

and i chose
not the cold
nor a longer winter

smaller
and smaller branch
a diminishing place
a deserted village
climbing against the trend
an irrevocable drift
of an urban world

i now progress
into a wilderness

walking in wilderness is good
but living there
that i dread
i calm my thoughts
and tell my soul
you could always come below

but if it breaks
before the move i make
an outcome
i hate to see
hence
i close my eyes

henry victor      20.03.2007


No comments: