Sunday, February 12, 2012

hope in change



















change is at my door step
i must welcome her
old lady who occupied my main floor
is leaving my home

i must let her go
with her there in my upstairs
was much whining
and i had no time

to relax, or
take care of my sugar level
and my old dreams were
frequently nightmarish
 
while my sleep was shallow
and my stomach half empty
making me a dog
walking with no purpose

change is likely to clean up
mess the old woman left behind
scrubbing floor and countertops
before thinking of a new menu
 
and a new venue
for dancing and singing
driving further away my baggage
burden of bygone days and nights

06.02.2012

1 comment:

Verapoiesis said...

I love this one for the same reason I love Stop croaking. I feel a lot of bliss and the humble humor of wisdom shinning through the experience of pain that became serenity, leaving behind resentment, perhaps some sorrow and mellowness, which gives things the taste of mature look of one's own experience.