Wednesday, February 4, 2015

breathe your breath


i pray you will breathe you breath
to strengthen my mental agility
even as i face my accusers, the bunch
ganged to remove me from my seat!

i have opted not to be dictated
or, directed by any other than your spirit
blowing where it wills gathering the small
and the wounded, healing them, your cause!

i am part of a crowd that lacking
this-worldly sophistication to manipulate
the forces that, eventually, write the right
recording the wrongs, changing events!

since the meek look up to me to fight
the arrogant men and women of this world
i, in my utter helplessness, lift
up my eyes, heavenwards to you!

as i turn to you for grace, my mind
sways like a pendulum, this way
and that way, first to your power that creates
the cosmos, recreating colour-filled morning

and evening amusing my eyes
then , at once, wander into Golgotha
he place of mere skulls
to reflect your powerlessness!

nevertheless i choose your breath
adding freshness to my soul
freedom to my spirit, refusing to bow down
to the insolent might!

 

 


 

No comments: