Monday, February 9, 2015

feeling your feet falling


i stop to listen to the heartbeat
of those i serve, and those with whom
my life, due to a geographical
accident, is connected!

others, about this coincidence
suggest another perspective
calling, ‘a transcendental incident’;
but i fail to feel your feet, your pant!

as i, now, habitually name
you in your absent presence
there are those who protest
my naming as too comical!

many times in the past
of my life, i have seen defeat
of those who came to defeat
me standing defeated!

but i do not think victorious
in my mind inclined to shun pain
often, creeping like a leech to suck
my blood until i fall dead!

i stand here early this dawn
gazing at an empty sky grazing
for a star, or a cloud pattern
in which i may sense you

to lift up my drooping soul,
prompting my journey to continue,
until to you i return, or cease
complaining my emptiness!

 

No comments: