Saturday, August 16, 2008

I Sketch the Path

In the midst of evil, sufferings and corruption
From where there is much anger, hatred and dissention
And in the context of conflicts, confusions and ignorance
That I sketch the path I intend to smoothly traverse

Every time I come up with an answer that is convincing
And I am about to settle down with some certainty
My feeble hopes get thoroughly shattered
Like the sand castles of children washed by the unmindful waves

Again I strive for better and unmistakable answers
For my puzzling complex questions pertaining to life
That needs to be worked out for settling of my soul
But this time even with greater force I am drowned

Oh you, the mysterious mystery
Will you not satisfy my searching mind
And eventually calm my wandering soul
While reducing my burden that I may with ease wade across


Henry Victor 26.11.1992

No comments: