Thursday, August 7, 2008

Jesus Lizard

Like Jesus lizard walking on water
I sail swiftly in my tiny boat
In this wide ocean, the vast world with dozen conflicts
Within that ever expanding endless cosmos
With me are two companions
Trusting my wisdom and strength

I, in my voyage, pass the burial ground of dinosaurs
Colossal and robust creatures
Those mortals of millions of years before
To live luxuriously dined on much morsel, leaving at end only a fossil
I stop here silently to meditate on my momentous mortality
My pretensions of immortality welded well with my ego

My team that I tug trusts totally
The speed I determine for my craft, a pace that’s too cowardly
To recess to reflect under carpet, dirt and depth below
Lest vessel with squad sink into that deep ludicrous absurdity
Of half-truth, uninformed opinion, prejudice of every kind
Superficial love, charity not spiced with justice, and much more




Henry Victor 03.12.2004

No comments: