Monday, July 14, 2008

Breathe Your Breath!

I pray you will breathe your breath
Into me to strengthen my mental agility
Even as I face my accusers
The bunch that has ganged together
To remove me from my present seat!

Since I have opted not to be dictated
Or, directed by any other than your spirit
That blows where it wills
Gathering the small, the wounded
Healing them to serve your cause
I am in that crowd that lacks
Worldly sophistication to manipulate
The forces that eventually write the right
And record the wrongs, changing events!

And since the meek look up to me to fight
The arrogant men and women of this world
I, in my helplessness, lift up my eyes to you!

Even as I turn to you for grace, my mind
Sways like a pendulum, this way
And that way, first to your power
That creates the cosmos, recreating colour
Morning and evening amusing my eyes
Then I, at once, wander into Golgotha
The place of mere skulls
To witness your powerlessness!

Nevertheless I choose your breath
That adds freshness to my soul
And freedom to my spirit
That refuses to bow down
To the insolent might

Henry Victor 21.02.2008

No comments: