Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My Salute to Jesus


I do not cry
Wail, weep, and lament
The poverty, misery, and humiliation
Suffered and endured
By Jesus of Nazareth
For he is not a weakling
Requiring my sigh
And stupid sympathy

Neither do I rejoice
In his crucifixion
On that Passover Day
Hoping his messy death
Will blot my sins away
Knowing too well
That true love
Never attempts to patronize

But I salute
His commitment to his vision
His courage to counter the cost
And his stance of nonconformity
At all times, including
To the point of his death
On the cruel cross
In the hill of scull

Henry Victor 04.01.2003

1 comment:

CHARLAX said...

http://poetrypoem.com/cgi-bin/index.pl?poemnumber=856110&sitename=charlax&password=&poemoffset=0&displaypoem=t&item=poetry

Jesus EverdaY
Jesus EverdaY

Fruit not even ripened yet still green
so it will last
Meat, already cooked
so eye is not embarrass
Health, the center of my body, so uncertain,
and yet it works
Love in heart so pure forgiven;
life cascading from HIS throne
Eye paused and still considered life
Eye have my everYdaY JESUS.


A Prose Poem bye CharlaX.