Saturday, July 5, 2008

Grace Without Magic


My love for ease prevents
That release of the creative
Energy stored deep within my soul

My fear to take risk fails to kick
That engine that needs a kick-start
Leaving me in bed
To that comfort of that lie
That my body needs more sleep

I then turn to you for cheap grace
Believing the unbelievable
Until you kick me on my face
To pull myself together
And work hard for my release
Or to be damned in that relief
Of my own more sleep and slumber

Increase in me that knowledge
That with you there is no magic
Turning stones into bread
Or skipping consequences
Of my acts – good or bad
While I focus not
On the worth of wealth

Immerse me in that wisdom
That makes you to send the sun
Shine on both good and evil
And rain on wheat and weeds
Viewing wayside pampas grass
In the same way
As you glance at the oak

Henry Victor 08.02.2008

No comments: