Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Feeling Your Feet!


As I stop to listen to the heartbeat
Of those I am expected to serve
And those connected to my life
Marked only by that simple fact –
Geographical accident –
While some may suggest
Transcendental incident –
I clearly fail to feel your feet!

Even as I habitually name you
In that absent presence
There are those who protest
And many more ignore
My naming that appears too comical!

Elsewhere, in my life, I see
Those who came to defeat me
Stand defeated
But I do not think victorious
In my mind that likes to shun pain
That can creep like a leech to suck
My blood until I fall dead
Hence I refuse to praise
You, considering that game silly!

So, I stand here early this dawn
Gazing at an empty sky
Grazing for a star, or a cloud pattern
In which I may sense you
That may lift my soul
And prompt my journey to continue
Until I fall dead
Or, cease to consume more emptiness!

Henry Victor 03.03.2008

No comments: