Sunday, January 11, 2015

fishing within

i sit alone
in my abandoned farmhouse
in front of this great silence
far away from people
busy doing this, that
and all those i do not do
and i do not have to do

in that quiet stillness
i thank you, you who have so well
concealed yourself
as that snow covered soil
but only making me feel well
your patent presence

i noiselessly thank you
the most mute
for those noisy, nameless
black-capped chickadees
who so faithfully visit me
and mine and share my gifts
of sunflower seed
without prying into my privacy

i thank you for the frozen winter
that justifies my sitting
to fish within my self
this deep unclear pond
my own creation
who’s content for me to conquer
this one life is inadequate
for the soundless surmount
providing me another opportunity
in your eternity

and in the presence of your vastness
of time and space
i lose all my anxiety to hurry up
to grab any garbage
in any case i cannot, to your territories take

and therefore i am grateful
to the boundless space i enjoy
and i pray that you throw me
into the unrestricted space of the distant star
and not into that icy world
of the speckled trout

henry victor     18.12.2002

No comments: