Tuesday, January 13, 2015

i am envious


i realize i am almost, always, envious
of those who get away with all their wrongs
and i keep complaining about the flourishing
of the evildoers, forever scheming
and making no authentic reference to you!

i pray that you will teach me to delight
in nothing but in your sheer presence
bringing home your providence
the form and content i cannot dictate!

help me to be content with your will
that i may restrain my stubborn will
revolting against yours, insisting on my requests
that require not for my greater well being
known not at this flash before a further becoming!

fill my heart with peace that passes all perceptions
too human, too momentary, even if it is soreness
to my present mind incapable of weighing with care
the real gold from that which only glitters!

 

No comments: