Tuesday, January 27, 2015

one that lasts


there is one that i desire
and there is one that i seek
as i turn to you in my prayer:
that you be in me and i in you

for if you are the primary cause
of all life and if it is to you
that i return, then i rather
remain in you forever

wealth much i sought
wealth much i lost
education much i sought
and much i found useless

fame and family i lived for
in the past are mere fumes
that pass away too soon
like the clouds of the morning sky

my mother i loved her
my father i respected him
my daughter i much cared for
but all have vanished like vapour

incline my eyes to see you
incline my heart to feel you
incline my soul to bear you
incline my mind to seek you

for you, and you alone
i am now inclined to own
for it is for your presence
and being, i am now a slave

 

No comments: